Sunday, August 24, 2008

BBQ



(kudos to Orthodixie blog for the You Tube file!)

Here's a bit of a diversion from my normal posts, but having been contemplating the serious, Southern, issue about BBQ, I thought I'd share this with my friends.

Southern BBQ is one of the greatest gifts of Southern culture to the world. Regardless where you might come down on the argument about sauce or no sauce, vinegar, mustard based, or tomato based sauce, or even the appropriateness of Brunswick stew as a necessary side item for the BBQ plate (a slice of white bread, however, is simply non negotiable), a true Southerner understands that BBQ is no trifling matter, but it is a delicacy we are happy to share with the world.

So, on that note, I'm off to my favorite BBQ place i the world - Two Brothers BBQ in Ballground, GA. Oh, wait, I'm stuck in Boston! Dang!

Y'all pray for me!

Barnabas (stuck behind "enemy lines" without my shotgun!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Found your blog and have enjoyed reading. Lee and I are off to seminary (God willing) next fall--so it was interesting to read of your family's move to Boston!

Just wanted to say hello--
Amy Bozeman

Barnabas Powell said...

Amy,

It is a real treat to reconnect with you and Lee, even if it is in cyberspace!

I assume you are headed for St. Vlads. May God bless your efforts and give you all the grace you need for this move and this "adventure!"

Thanks for writing and tell Lee I said "hello."

B

Fr. David said...

Barnabas,

I, too, am looking to start up at St. Vlad's in 2009 (Lord willin' and the house sells). I do have to say that being "stuck up in Yankeeland" is something that's got me...uncomfortable, I could say.

I appreciated the nod to TX "briskit," but they failed to mention that our signature sauces are tomato-based, spicy, and runny. Appreciated the ree-vyoo.

Steve Robinson said...

BBQ is the food of the gods. No Paschal feast is complete without a rack of ribs, though pulled pork will do in a pinch.